Respiratory Therapy, Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy at Yadkin Valley Community Hospital
Through our specialized therapy services, Yadkin Valley Community Hospital provides hospital inpatients and outpatients from Yadkinville and nearby communities with the individual attention and uncompromising care they need to feel and function at their best.
- Respiratory Therapy to diagnose, treat and manage diseases and disorders that interfere with lung function and breathing
- Physical Therapy after an injury, illness or surgery to restore and maximize strength, mobility and comfort
- Occupational therapy to restore and improve patients' ability to manage ordinary activities of daily living
Our therapists are fully licensed and available, either in the hospital or on-call, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Our Respiratory Care Department provides respiratory therapy and pulmonary testing and rehabilitation services to hospital patients as well as outpatients of all ages.
Our credentialized, licensed respiratory therapists provide diagnostic and treatment services, including:
- Patient assessments, treatment plans and education
- Pulmonary function tests
- Electrocardiograms (ECGs)
- Arterial Blood Gass (ABG) tests
- Overnight pulse oximetry tests
- Metered Dose and Dry Powder Inhaler treatments
- Nebulizer treatments
- High flow oxygen therapy
- Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) and Bilevel Positive Airway Pressure (BiPAP) treatments
- Tracheostomy care
Combining exercise, education and counseling, the department's Breathing Well Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program
helps patients with chronic lung disorders regain the respiratory function and stamina they need to feel better and maintain activities of daily living.
Our Physical Therapy Department helps patients who have medical conditions or injuries that limit their ability to move freely and comfortably. Therapy may include exercise, mobility training, pain management, balance training and education.
Our physical therapy services are especially helpful with:
- Recovery from injuries to the back, neck and joints
- Improvements in physical impairments caused by neurological problems, such as a stroke or Parkinson's disease
- Recovery after knee, hip or other joint replacement surgery
- Recover from work- or sports-related injuries
- Improved mobility and pain relief for patients with arthritis and other conditions affecting the musculoskeletal system
Physical therapy begins with a thorough assessment and personalized treatment plan, followed by a series of scheduled sessions with a skilled, caring therapist.
Ther therapist usually recommends additional exercises for the patient to continue at home, between visits.
Throughout treatment, the therapist advises the referring doctor of the patient's progress.
The goal is to help each patient achieve and maintain maximum strength, mobility and independence with minimal pain.
Our occupational therapist helps patients with various mental or physical disabilities develop or recover the abilities they need to handle tasks associated with daily living.
Based on an initial evaluation, our therapist creates a personal plan of functional activities designed to help each patient reach his or her greatest level of independence and enjoy the best possible quality of life.
To Access our Therapy Services
Our respiratory, physical and occupational therapy services are readily available to patients whose doctors prescribe them.
If you visit our Emergency Department or are admitted to our hospital, your doctor may call on our therapists as needed to help with diagnostic tests, personalized care plans and treatments during your hospital stay.
If you're an outpatient, you'll especially appreciate our convenient location, minutes from home anywhere in Yadkin County, with free parking just outside the door.
If you or your doctor have questions about our therapy services, we encourage you to call us:
Respiratory Therapy (336) 679-6777
Physical Therapy (336) 679-6715
Occupational Therapy (336) 679-67